Saturday, April 9, 2011

53 Weeks for lack of a better title...

 Sarah likes to play in her laundry basket. She was already squinting for the flash when I started taking pictures of her! I want to share a few things about Sarah for you and for my own records:
  • size 12 month clothing
  • size 3 shoe, as far as I can tell
  • does not want a sippy cup, straw or no straw
  • I give her part formula and part soy milk. I planned to stop her formula a couple of weeks ago, but people keep giving me free formula. It can't hurt to use it a little longer.
  • Sarah does not hold her bottle. That is ok with me. She sleeps well, eats well, and is very happy. So.
  • She likes bananas and I feed her Gerber 3rd foods in the jars. She also likes to eat puffs through a mesh net feeder.
  • She sleeps 12-14 hours at night without waking. Ben watches her while I am at work. I watch her while Ben is at work.
  • She says "baby" which sounds more like "baaa-bay" and says it when she sees pictures of herself, baby dolls, and some stuffed animals like her big pink teddy bear. She almost says it in a whisper.
  • She has her own baby language and imitates inflection and some of the things we say. The other day, my friend said to her "the cow says mooo" and Sarah kind of jibbered on the same pitch and then said "moooo" in a lower voice.
 She had her one year doctor visit on Friday and weighed 22 lbs and was 29 inches long, both of which are 75% and her head was 50%. I got her a big girl carseat and it is a pain to install. I have read everything I have had time to read about carseats and have decided to rear face her until she is 2. I don't know if everyone got the memo, but the American Academy of Pediatrics released new guidelines on rearfacing and now they recommend rear facing until 2 years of age. If you want to know why, you can watch a you tube video of a front facing carseat crash. I'm just sayin...
Well, I am definitely going to try to blog a little more. I have even been boring myself. But seriously, I have been working, working, working (conference week-long night) and haven't had much time. I totally love the weekends! I am going to be sharing some of Sarah's one year photo shoot pictures soon, so stay tuned! I am so excited!

1 comment: